Christmas Tree Collection has begun in Souderton Borough
Christmas trees will now be collected along with brush. You may leave the trees at the front of your property or in your alley. Please make sure that they are free of all lights, hooks, and ornamentation.
Brush Pick up Details
- Stick and branch pick up is the first Monday of every month.
- No root balls, shrubs, logs, stumps, leaves, weeds or grass. Sticks and branches should be 1″-6″ diameter and no more than 8′ in length.
- They must be placed out front or if corner lot on side road NO ALLEY pick ups.
- Brush should also be stacked in a clean manageable pile free of stones or other debris.
- Additionally we aren’t able to take whole trees. If you have a tree being taken down your contractor should remove the tree they take down.
- BRUSH SHOULD BE ON A SEPARATE PILE THAN LEAVES
PLEASE PLACE STICKS FOR BRUSH COLLECTION ON A SEPARATE PILE THAN LEAVES. LEAVES AND STICKS ON THE SAME PILE WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. THE STICKS CLOG THE LEAF MACHINE. THANK YOU.
2023 Fall Leaf Collection Information & Schedule
The entire Borough will be spot checked for piles of leaves starting the week of October 2023. The regular leaf collection will start on Monday, October 30th. Please review the schedule below for all the pick-up dates. They will continue doing spot check pick ups in the Borough until the end of December.
Information on proper placement of leaves for pick up:
Rake your leaves to the curb line of the street for collection by the Borough. Please note that the Borough will not collect leaves in alleys. Leaves are collected through vacuum equipment and disposed at a recycling facility. Please keep in mind that we cannot pick-up piles of leaves with excessive quantities of sticks, stones, hedge clippings, plant materials, and other trash. These items will damage or clog the equipment or jeopardize our ability to dispose of the load at the recycling facility.
Detailed information for Leaf collection:
Collections will alternate each week between east and west sections of the Borough. Rake your leaves out to the street by Monday of the scheduled collection week; remember that once the crew has passed your street they will not return until the next scheduled collection time. Rain could possibly delay pick-up as wet leaves clog the vacuum machine.
2023 LEAF COLLECTION DATES:
EAST SECTION- SECTION 1 on Map
Includes the area east of the railroad tracks to the borough line between Reliance Road and Cherry Lane
- 1st Collection: the week of Monday 10/30/2023
- 2nd Collection: the week of Monday 11/13/2023
- 3rd Collection: the week of Monday 11/27/2023
WEST SECTION- SECTION 2 on Map
Includes the area west of the railroad tracks to the Borough line between Reliance Road & Cherry Lane1st
- 1st Collection: the week of Monday 11/06/2023
- 2nd Collection: the week of Monday 11/20/2023
- 3rd Collection: the week of Monday 12/04/2023